Have you had a life-altering experience and are wondering …
What is my true purpose?
What matters most to me now?
How do I live fully every day?
I’ll help you find the answers.
Hi, I’m Kristen Carter.
Going through a life-changing event is like being swept up in a tidal wave: shocking, scary, exhausting, and totally disorienting.
You might feel disconnected from your previous self and your old priorities, confidence, and sense of security.
You’d love to turn back the clock and change the facts, but, like it or not, you have been washed up on this shore. So here you are, wondering, “Now what?”
Well, you could waste your time and energy wishing for a different past, or you could shake yourself off, stand up straight, and look forward.
You might as well see the real opportunity that has presented itself, to craft a future and a life in which you:
- Are your truest, most authentic self
- Are surrounded by people who respect, support, and care about you
- Have a deep sense of meaning and purpose
- Are happier than ever
- Define what success means to you and pursue your dreams
But it can be hard to have a positive, can-do attitude when life has knocked you around.
You may be, quite understandably, in one of the stages of grief, which is what happens when we lose anything that matters to us, like our health, a relationship, or a job (even one we didn’t love so much).
You might be struggling to adjust to your new reality.
You might also be feeling insecure, unsure of what’s in store. You might have turned to some less-than-healthy coping methods to get through the worst of it.
Maybe you want to move ahead but don’t have a clear view of your dreams for the future. Perhaps you have some dreams but aren’t sure how to make them come true.
And you might not be used to taking charge of your own life.
But now’s the time. More than ever before, you may know how precious life is and want to make the most of it.
In that case, it’s time to:
- Acknowledge that you get one shot at this life and decide to live it fully
- Move out of survival mode and into thriving mode with new coping skills
- Decide what matters most to you and how you define success, happiness, good relationships, meaning and purpose, and the health of your body, mind, and spirit
- Assess your current resources (strengths, talents, allies, finances, support network) and what you might need more of to move toward your dreams
- Learn to stand up for yourself and advocate for change, if this is something you struggle with
- Develop a do-able plan of action and give yourself credit for every step you take forward
I’m here to help.
I help my clients and readers learn to surf life’s tidal waves with style, clarity, confidence, and purpose.
Certified Life Coach, Cancer Survivor, Author
If you’ve been hit by one of life’s tidal waves and want to learn to surf it instead of being knocked over or swallowed up by it, take the next step and tell me more about your situation here.
One of my best friends from high school is alone at home recuperating from Covid. His wife, who has severe MS, is in a recovery center trying...
Oh my gosh, I’ve been having the most blissful time cocooning. Actually, it’s been like being wrapped in a cozy blanket inside a bubble inside a...
September 12, 2001 Inexplicably, the sun came up again this morning, as if nothing had happened. As if the world—or America, at least—hadn’t been...
So Now What?
Get my weekly newsletter and daily planner, Surfing Life's Tidal Waves, so you can live with renewed purpose after a life-changing event.
Bounce back from a negative experience with renewed confidence, hope, and courage.
Explore what kind, compassionate support can feel like with a no-obligation conversation with me by phone or by Zoom.